Sunday, September 6, 2009

Super Soft Sunday

Omar Kashoura AW09 Cardigan worn with Unconditional bib t shirt.

I've been a fan of Omar Kashoura from the moment I first laid hands on a deconstructed cardigan hanging on the rails of The Shop at Bluebird two years ago and I've been following his career and wearing that cardigan ever since. AW09 saw the London Based designer unleash his first full collection Man Boy, since his graduation from his Masters at Central Saint Martins. A few months ago I had the opportunity to inspect the collection up close and a great deal caught my eye.

Texture and fabric were major themes. There were soft jersey tee shirts with layered squares of fabric for a sculptural effect, not to mention transparent plastic boleros but I had my heart stolen by yet another deconstructed cardigan. It was just so soft to the touch and I just had to have it. The problem is the cardigan was delivered to Susie's office and now she has fallen under the spell of its touch. It is just another recent purchase that I will have to keep under lock and key from fear of her sucking it up and appropriating it for herself. Initially, I assumed it was just a soft jersey but then I looked at the label and it is made from 100% Micromodal. A little research suggets that this artifical fibre is mainly used for underwear. I commented about the feel of the fabric to Omar and he confessed that his interns had talked about using scraps of it as toilet paper, it certainly beats Andrex but what a waste! It is simply the softest fabric I've ever worn and I have to stop myself from just stroking my arms when I wear it out.

Omar Kashoura AW09 Cardigan worn with Unconditional bib t shirt, COS wool trousers, purple Uniqlo socks and patent shoes by Swear.

After abstaining from buying anything new for quite some time, the purchase of Mr. Hare's Stingray Orwells have well and truly broken the floodgates and these past dew weeks I have been on a shopping binge. Despite being a little generous to myself with the purchase of various wardrobe boosters I fell that I've only bought things that I truly covet and in some instances actually need. Now, I'll stop making excuses for my shopping habits and just get back to stroking the cardigan...

No comments:

Popular Posts