Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Buck to the Future


My magazine addiction has long been documented. I've always been a consumer of those glossy and not so glossy (depending on my mood and what I can get my hands on) pages. Despite there being a number of personal favourites (talking of which I'm still in the hunt for the latest issue of Fantastic Man), the men's style magazine market is somewhat undernourished...there are some undeniably great bi annuals and quarterlies published but my stomach is more often than not left rumbling on a month by month basis...The lads mags I grew up with are still on the shelf but they haven't been added to or pushed forward, even though the interest in menswear has and for this reason alone I'm sure that there is an untapped market out there. A young pretender is about to enter the fray - BUCK. BUCK is a new monthly men's style magazine that will be on sale from late October (in the meantime go and have a look at the site) and will feature the three f's - fashion, furniture and food. The focus will be on promoting new talent with up and coming bands, artists and designers featured every month talking about their own style and tastes. I hope it is a success. Surely there are people outside the confines of the M25 who are interested in the Topman Lens collection (has any noticed the new look Topman site?), upcoming designers like Charlie Ross and the bstore pop up store? If it is a roaring success, who knows maybe I'll publish a magazine with EJ, it would have to be a secret love child of a publication....with the not so proud parents being the Face and Fantastic Man.

No comments:

Popular Posts