Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fashion Week Street Style

 Thanks to street style blogs, every fashion week there are two fashion shows happening: the one on the runway and the one on the streets. Though designers are currently showing their collections for Spring 2012, the editors and style-makers and walking the streets in all the best styles of Fall 2011. As nice as it is to see what will be sold in stores this upcoming spring, what the editors are wearing now is what inspires me every morning when I get dressed.  Street Style NYFW 2011

Street Style NYFW 2011There is nothing groundbreaking about this outfit, but I love the idea of bringing prints from spring and summer into fall. I can’t wait to pair my favorite summer skirts with fall weight button-downs and sweaters, adding tights and boots as the weather gets colder.

  Street Style NYFW 2011
Street Style NYFW 2011I love these printed pants! They look great dressed up with a blouse, as shown here, but would also look great paired with any casual t-shirt or sweater. These pants look like they might be a cotton or a jersey, but I am on a quest for the perfect printed pair of silk trousers to wear in the same way.
Street Style NYFW 2011
Street Style NYFW 2011One thing I’m loving from the Spring 2012 Ready To Wear shows is the idea of pairing the same or similar patterns (like this look by Wes Gordon). I love the black and white printed top paired with black and white printed pants- different patterns but the same color palate make this work. The clutch also adds a great pop of color to this otherwise monochromatic outfit.
Street Style NYFW 2011
Street Style NYFW 2011This look incorporates so much of what I love right now: Bright Green color blocked with navy, to balance it out and the newest “it” shoe from Alexander Wang.  Hanneli never ceases to amaze.

Street Style NYFW 2011I love everything about this outfit. I love the slashed ribbon skirt by Alexander Wang, the slouchy beige sweater, and the strappy heels. This is such a great transitional outfit for the warm days of fall.

As much as I love seeing all the new collections being showed at fashion week, it’s so hard to think so many seasons ahead and imagine how I would work some of my most coveted items and trends into my wardrobe. Looking at the outfits of the editors/bloggers/style-makers is such a great way to find inspiration for current trends and styles for my life.
Street Style NYFW 2011
To read the rest of my thoughts about Fashion Week click here: Day One, Day Two, and Day Three

What about you guys? Any looks you’ve loved? I’d love to hear!

No comments:

Popular Posts